Thursday, March 11, 2010

Stepstool fit for two princesses












This is my second week of
Transformation Thursday- The first week was a bummer for me because not one person left a comment, not even the moderator who hosts it each week. I was so excited to share what I had done and pretty much deflated by the end of the day for if people were visiting, I didn't know it..


So, here I try again.. I apologize that the pics are out of sequence- I've been having blogger issues all morning and finally decided to give up!
We bought a stepstool for our daughter in the hopes that the potty training process would be sped up and simplified..She is tiny and cannot reach the potty by herself..Unfortunately, she STILL couldn't reach the potty by herself with the storebought one (we put it in our second bathroom for now) So I asked my hubby if he could build a stepstool for her..We had leftover wood from a mini-workshop he built for our son so what started as a basic stepstool became a grand project for a man who has very little building experience..He decided to make it for both our daughters, one who is potty training, the other that will be potty training soon enough...He had gotten router stencils at Salvation Army a while back for 3.00 so he carved the girls initials on each level of step (my little ones all have 2 middle initials just like their mama) I bought a can of black paint so that their stepstool would match our toile bathroom. After the 3 coats of black had dried I added cream flowers, dots and accents..I initially wanted to paint the tops with a pretty design but decided against it because my hope is that it will be well used and I didn't want the design to get worn down from tread..Instead I opted for rosebuds and dots in the corner..I also added dots to the initial letters because the plain cream letters looked too boring to me..


A little sealant later, and all done..Our project was a joint effort, my husband as creator and me as painter..We are happy with the result and our princesses can both reach the potty by themselves now :) Bring on the potty training! :)


Please join Shabby Chic Cottage for Transformation Thursday too - Alot of amazing people have alot of amazing ideas :)





9 comments:

  1. This is so cute!
    Following you over from Shabby Chic Cottage!
    I am a follower!
    Please stop by!
    http://extremepersonalmeasures.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the step stool, Elizabeth. Sorry I didn't comment the first time. I am not a big Easter egg fan, thus the lack of excitement. Bob did a great job with his router. And I love how well the paint job goes with the bathroom. Excellent joint effort!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is super cute! I feel like you are lonely here in blog land! Come on over and join in the fun. I have only been blogging for about 2 1/2 months, met a lot of great people and have really put myself out there. Hope to see you soon:) I went to your other blog first but saw the lack of activity, then I saw this one...I first saw your comment on Danielles blog and though awwww there is no reason anyone of us should be talking to ourselves LOL!!~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute! I am needing to paint an old stool I had when I was little for my daughter when she starts potty training (not looking forward to it). Oh, and I completely understand about blogging and not knowing if anyone reads it. I am going through the exact same thing. Maybe we can help each other out. Become "blog friends"? LOL.
    www.framefanatic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. great stepstool Elizabeth! GOOD JOB BOB! That is awesome that he made it...and those initials are SUPER great! How clever!

    The paint job works perfectly for that bathroom and I love how it incorporates BOTH girls. What a great idea!

    Lovin' all these projects!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a great job on the step stool. Potty training is ajob. Not sure if it is more on mom and dad or the wee ones. Keep up the great work look forward to ned Thursday.
    You and your husband did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The step stool is darling! Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your sweet comment. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! I love YOUR stool :) I'm sure that will be great motivation for your little one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love, love, love that! For someone with little experience, that is pretty impressive!

    ReplyDelete