Thursday, March 18, 2010

Transformation Thursday









Here is a mini-project that cost me little more than a dollar for this Transformation Thursday. I found this plaque at the dollar store and all I could think of was my bathroom (again!) It was entirely the wrong color though, as my bathroom is black and white toile with pale pistachio green walls. I put a few coats of black paint on it (I actually really liked how it looked between coats (the next to last shot down), but it just wasn't the right color for the bathroom so I kept on. Once the black was established, I lightly stuppled some cream on the top layer of detail to help the words to "stick out" and the sprayed sealant on it to give it a bit of a shiny look. It looks great in our bathroom and I loved the price :)
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. The price was definitely right for this project! Great makeover! Coming over from the Shabby Chic Cottage, new follower now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great! What a neat find for the dollar store!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is very cool. I love the dollar store. Come stop by my Favorite Things Friday Party if you would like to join in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great makeover and for $1.00! I also like your post of the pretty blues and greens using the eggs and flower in the vase. Love that color combo. Thanks for stopping by this week and for your sweet comment. Come back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! I'm so impressed with your talent Elizabeth. I would never have though to do anything but hang it as it came. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete